Thursday, April 30, 2009

Do you believe in the power of Cher?

So this blog was originally supposed to document my life as it realtes to music.  And it as.  Although that has meant playlists of gigs I've done (mostly at the Castle), mixes I've done, opinions around concerts I've been to, and some sporatic album reviews.

But music is a part of everyday life as well.  From the music you hear actively or passively every day, to casual conversations about music.  I don't write about those because they are usually so mundane that I don't ever want to have that crap documented.

But there was an odd little music glitch in the matrix yesterday that I thought was worthy of a few words.

I'm not a fan of Cher.  Well, 80s, 90s and 00s Cher.  I admit that if "Gipsys tramps and thieves" comes on (which only happens on a decades oriented satellite station these days), I guiltily sing along in my car.  With that said, in my Pensacola hotel room last night I couldn't help but pause during my channel surfing when I discovered a channel that was broadcasting northern floridians singing karaoke at a local bowling alley.  And not very well, mind you.

I could only listen to two singers...the first was singing some country song so off key that I doubt I would have known what the song was, even if I listened to country music.  The second was barely passable as she worked her way around Cher's "I Found Someone".  Yeeesh.

Fast forward 15 minutes when I'm in the car on my way to dinner.  There I hear the actual version by Cher being sung on the radio!  I actually do believe that coincidences happen all the time and that some cosmic force isn't telling me something by having me hear the same Cher song twice within 15 minutes, but it was still creepy.

There you go...something different on my blog...yahoo!   And if you are ever in the panhandle and feel a burning desire to be televised while singing karaoke, go here

No comments: