Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Going back to my "musical roots"

I'm old.

Well, "old" is a relative term, but in the realm of clubland, I suppose I'm well past my prime.

I embraced my age a bit last  night by spinning with another veteran Tampa DJ (Nemesis) for Blue Monday...a bi-monthly 80s new wave/retro night at a club in Ybor City called Liquid.

I kind of wished I had logged in my playlist, but suffice it to say that playing tunes like "Welcome to Paradise" by Front 242 and "A Little Respect" by Erasure brought me back to the days when I actually danced (whilst telling myself that I would NEVER STOP DANCING).

It was a Depeche Mode themed night (because what says "Cinco de Mayo" more than Depeche Mode?), so if DM is your thing, you may be interested in this mix I did a while back:

http://www.mixcloud.com/rich-ranck/senor-dick-presents-depeche-moded/

I also did a "Regression" mix that I passed out to patrons.  I'll load that soon through mixcloud and post that here.

No comments: